God is great. He keeps us safe in His care all the time.
Admittedly, I was never exposed to household chores until I got married some 6 years ago. I grew up with house helpers and a driver in a middle-class family. I and my brothers are not brats but I remember we used to waking up every morning with almost everything prepared for us. My late maternal grandmother assisted my parents in raising us especially in cooking our daily meals.
Even when my wife and I began to live separately from my parents, we had a maid who only left us last October 2009 because of her pregnancy. Needless to say, I became dependent in people around me and knew little of domestic living.
Life is a learning process and indeed, every single day I learn a lesson or two.
Last Sunday, I phoned the LPG store to order and get a delivery. Yes, we don’t own electric stove or induction cooker and still use the common 2 burner stove fueled by LPG. Tina and I had used the tank for more than 2 months; we had it since April 1st.
When the 2 delivery boys came and installed the new tank, one of them told me that the stove is already defective. I told him it’s impossible because I even used it to cook dinner the night before. I asked Tina if she recognized the 2 delivery boys and became skeptical if they really know what they’re doing.
It turned out that I myself don’t know my fixtures when one of them found this :
This was the rubber hose connected to our stove and LPG tank; I was not aware that it’s severely worn out until it was checked by one of the LPG delivery boys. Everything went OK when they replaced the hose (PhP 120) and installed the new LPG tank (PhP 580).
Call me negligent and clueless; I’m posting this not to shout out that I became one, but in order for the readers to be extra careful at home particularly with appliances that in a blink can cause accidents.
If it wasn’t for the replacement of a new LPG tank, that rubber tube could have caused fire.