2017 may have been a challenging year for me in all aspects – personally, professionally and financially however, looking back, there are more events and experiences and learnings and people-encounters that I have to be thankful for!
In retrospect, I may have been to lesser cities and towns this year than the past, and my days, weeks and months may have filled with ups and downs, nevertheless, I’m still immensely grateful for everything!
This blog has been repositories of my stories, travels, victories and defeats. And at the end of the day, at the end of this year, I would like to share with you again the events that are worth celebrating!
- 15 flights, 13 cities, 5 countries, 2 continents and countless memorable travel experiences.
- Included in The Ultimate Top 100 of Travel Instagram Accounts by IndieTraveller.
- 1 sponsored 15-minute-aerial-tour of Dubai from Fly High Dubai.
- Sponsored 2-night-staycation from Jumeira Rotana Hotel, Dubai.
- Sponsored 3-night-stay in Patios de San Telmo Hotel, Buenos Aires.
- Sponsored 3-night-stay in Hotel La Cantera, El Calafate, Patagonia, Argentina.
- Sponsored 3-night-stay in Home Hotel Buenos Aires.
- 10th year in Blogging Celebrations sponsored by Dusit Thani Dubai and Lemongrass UAE.
- 5 Travel photographs featured on sale in Dubai-based, Monda Gallery.
- My photo of Vakil Mosque in Shiraz, Iran printed on London-based magazine, Suitcase Mag.
- My travel buddy, @gelothebear featured in an article by USA-based, Travel + Leisure.
- My photograph of Fujairah Grand Mosque featured solo in @PassionPassport on IG.
- 93,000 Likes for a single photo of mine featured by @Dubai on their IG gallery.
- 10,600 and counting ORGANIC followers on Instagram (@iamdocgelo).
- Wrote a travel-article for Illustrado Go online and printed magazine in UAE.
- Featured as 1 of 4 Travel Instagrammers on Illustrado magazine.
- Nominated as 1 of 3 Finalists in The Filipino Times’ Awards 2017 New Media Personality.
- Featured travel photos on travel-themed Instagram galleries – @worldnomads and @culturetrip.
- Interviewed for opinion in 3 issues printed on one of the daily broadsheets in UAE, Khaleej Times.
- Consistently featured photos on Dubai-based travel IG accounts.
- And of course, I was able to go home and spend time with my son and family.
And this is my 2017 documented on photos!
1. Traveled to Shiraz, Fars Province, Southern IRAN!
2. Traveled to Yerevan, Lake Sevan and Tatev, ARMENIA!
3. Traveled to Buenos Aires, El Calafate, El Chalten, Patagonia, ARGENTINA!
4. Traveled to Lake Sebu in South Cotabato, Legazpi City in Bicol, PHILIPPINES!
5. Traveled to Hanoi and Halong Bay, VIETNAM!
6. Viewed Dubai via sponsored aerial tour from Fly High Dubai!
7. Celebrated 10th YEAR IN BLOGGING with blogger-friends in 2 separate parties compliments of DUSIT THANI DUBAI and LEMONGRASS UAE! Massive thanks to Danelle Ruth & Xavier respectively.
I am inspired by those people who value me. Thank you so much!
10. Travel Buddy @gelothebear was featured in US-based magazine, Travel + Leisure.
Link here : http://www.travelandleisure.com/photography/traveling-toys-instagram
11. Featured on one of the most well-followed travel-themed Instagram gallery, @PassionPassport !
12. Featured and most-liked photos on Instagram of @Dubai with 93K likes, 49K likes and 71K likes.
17. Featured photo on @WorldNomads on Instagram last March 2017.
"Overwhelmed by the magic of Pink Mosque or Nasir ol Molk in Shiraz, Iran. I'm thankful that I'm staying at a traditional Persian guesthouse that's located right across Pink Mosque. It was effortless to visit any time but I made sure I'm there when it opened at 7:30AM; when there's less tourists & the sun rays start to pierce through those colorful stained glass windows" 📸@iamdocgelo
18. Featured photo on @CultureTrip on Instagram last October 2017.
20. Included in The Ultimate Top 100 of Travel Instagram Accounts by IndieTraveller.
Link to article here :
- Thank you very much to everyone who has been following my blog since it went live in 2007!
- Thank you so much to those who have been understanding and supportive of me throughout the years!
- Thank you very much to those few friends and relatives who have been helping me to go through my days through through good times and bad.
- Maraming salamat po sa anak ko, sa mga magulang at kapatid ko na nakakaunawa at nagmamahal sa akin! Mawawala ang blog kong ito balang-araw, mawawala ang mga larawan, mawawala ako pero ang mga alaala at pagmamahal, hindi maglalaho. Naks!
- Maligayang Pasko po sa lahat at Manigong Bagong Taon! (Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year!)