On the same date last year, I left Manila to Penang and became an expat, or as most people from my country would call, OFW (Overseas Filipino Worker) or OCW (Oversease Contract Worker). A lot of things changed since I decided to become one of the medical lecturers in this side of Malaysia.
One year abroad reminded me these things :
- Love and value my family more; I’m working and living life because of them.
- Always keep the faith. God is always with us.
- Trust no one except God, family and few genuine friends.
- Be more grateful despite of financial difficulties and work hassles. There are more things to be thankful for.
- Never waste time on people who discount, mock and malign others. People who consider themselves righteous despite their wrong deeds at work and toward others are truly worthless. Pray for their souls instead.
- Keep cool but be tougher.
- Disregard what others think. You cannot do anything with their perceptions. The world will happily revolve without them anyway.
- Value time. You cannot buy it back.
- Enjoy today but save for tomorrow.
- Sleep remains a luxury.
Mamy, Daddy, Tina, Gabby and I will spend 3 days in Thailand beginning tomorrow until Monday. We pray for a safe trip and a good weather. It will be fun, definitely. Have a great weekend too!
PS : What post from this blog about Penang do you like the most?