We only have a few more breaths before we welcome a NEW YEAR! And I thought of posting my backlogs something to delight your senses!
The love for ice cream runs in our blood! Few weeks ago, we trooped to Mega Atrium of SM Megamall and spent an afternoon of nothing but family fun (read : INDULGENCE!).
We’re still in awe and have been savoring our HAAGEN-DAZS FONDUE experience more than a month ago and thankfully, we’ve sampled few of their heavenly treats again. What’s best with these velvety-ice-cream moments isn’t only enjoying it with my lovely family but having all of them for FREE! No, we’re not HD afficionados but we’re only lucky to receive HD’s GCs from an event we attended.
We’ve tried their branches at Robinson’s Place, SM Mall of Asia and recently, Mega Atrium in SM Megamall. And there are 3 common things we like in these Haagen-Dazs stores :
1. They know how to value their clients. At least with our few dine-in experiences, we’re satisfied with their service. Staffs aren’t only friendly and nice but know their goodies so well!
2. Clients have the luxury of finding flavors that are truly inspiring! Indulging in HD ice cream is such a pleasurable way to end a very tiring day or to start a new week fresh!
3. And Dine-in customers have the freedom to MIX, MATCH, INVENT, COMBINE, CREATE & most especially ENJOY scoops and spoonfuls of Haagen-Dazs ice cream.
Now allow me, Tina and Gabby to give you the license to drool, *pun intended*
The B E S T BANANA SPLIT I’ve tasted to date…
BANANA SPLIT, PhP 380+. Haagen-Dazs classic Vanilla, Chocolate and Strawberry Ice Cream, fresh banana and crispy almond flakes topped with maraschino cherry. But as I’ve mentioned, in HD, there’s the liberty to MIX, MATCH, INVENT, COMBINE, CREATE and ENJOY; I chose variation of its original flavors…
For my BANANA SPLIT, I had :
1. CHOC CHOC CHIP : a velvety blend of milk chocolate ice cream with a generous handful of dark chocolate chips. FYI, I like dark chocolates!
2. STRAWBERRY : Sweet, summer strawberries are introduced to pure cream and natural ingredients.
3. VANILLA CARAMEL BROWNIE : The elegance and sophistication of vanilla mixed with bits of chewy tasteful brownies with caramel drizzle.
Gabby had his own share of a BRUFFIN, PhP 60+ and a scoop of COOKIES AND CREAM, PhP 150+.
While Tina also opted to have her own choice mix and match moment…
My wife had two scoops of ice cream :
1. DULCE DE LECHE : A delicious combination of caramel and sweet cream, swirled with ribbons of golden caramel.
2. STRAWBERRIES CHEESECAKE in what Haagen-Dazs called BELGIAN WAFFLE DREAM, PhP 350+.
She opted for that second flavor rather than Macadamia Nut Brittle which is also a bestseller; her plate was served with warm Belgian waffle and freshly whipped cream.
*Expect more Haagen-Dazs Moments from me and my family next year!
Do you also indulge in ice cream?
What’s your favorite flavor?
What do you eat with ice cream?